So today was my baking day, and one thing I have definitely learned is that dogs are difficult to bake with. My dog, bailey, is always after food and it can become kind of funny. He actually started eating stuff off the dishwasher today! My dog is going to get fat.
But anyway, this is the 4th recipe I have made today, after the brownies and the cookie dough balls. I also made mac n cheese from pioneer woman, which you can find at her website here.
It's incredibly amazingly delicious, but I am not going to do a whole post about it because I don't think that I can do it justice.
But back to the recipe.
This is boston cream pie. But it isn't a pie. (Not that real Boston Cream Pie is a pie anyway.) It is a cupcake.
It is good. It is really good.
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Whisk the egg yolks until smooth.
2. Heat the sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly.
3. Stir it until the mixture thickens. Once the thickened mixture start to bubble, remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Pour 1/3 of the thickened mixture into the yolks an whisk until smooth.
5. Return the yolk mixture to the rest of he mixture in the saucepan, place it back over heat. Add in the vanilla extract and stir it for another 4 mins.
6. Then pour the vanilla cream into a bowl and refridgerate for a few hours.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with paper liners. Then, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
8. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until pale. Takes about 5 mins.
9. Add in the flour mixture and mix well.
10. Place the butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
11. Then pour the mixture into the batter and beat well. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
12. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups.
13. Bake for 15 mins until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 20 mins.
14. Take out the vanilla cream from the fridge and beat it until it's smooth. Set it aside to let it come to room temperature.
Chocolate ganache glaze:
Chocolate ganache glaze:
15. Place the chopped chocolate and light corn syrup in a heat-proof bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a boil over medium heat, once it boils, pour it over the chocolate. Let it stand for 3 mins.
16. Then whisk it until it's smooth. Set aside to let it cool.
17. Using a paring knife, cut out a cone-shaped top from the top of the cupcakes.
18. Fill the holes with the vanilla cream.
19. Place back the tops of the cupcakes.
20. Finally, pour a tablespoon full of chocolate ganache over the tops of the cupcakes.
Look at the beatutiful inside!!
This week, I am going to cram in turkey meatballs in between my studying. I have to eat healthy sometime!!