Okay, sorry for not putting up posts. It has been a rough week... lots of tests. :P But that is what high school bio is! (And in case you were wondering, I got an A) But anyway these are easy cookies. Very easy. And soft and delicious. MMMMMM. And they look pretty darn good too. So - make, eat, love, enjoy!!
recipe from here
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Mix the 4 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls of dough in mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove immediately from baking sheets.